Business Development Representative
Location: Virtual or our office in Teaneck, NJ
The Business Development Representative’s primary responsibilities include development and execution of business development lead generation programs. Lead generation activities include working collaboratively with Account Executives (AE’s), Marketing and other Made4net teammates on specific programs and heavy outbound phone and email activity to enhance revenue for Made4net through license sales whereby independence, responsibility, initiative and teamwork are important. This position will contribute to the achievement of company sales and profit targets.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage Inbound (triage and qualification) and drive Outbound (Cold Calling, Emailing, Campaigns, etc.) lead generation activities in conjunction with AEs, marketing and partner management to support sales goals and pipeline metrics.
- Research and creatively prospect for new customers who can gain significant value through a partnership with Made4net.
- Identify and qualify project needs, budget, timelines, business issues and obstacles for hand off to the appropriate sales individual.
- Collect & analyze potential customer’s financial information, critical business processes and/or system needs to support Account Based Marketing (ABM) programs.
- Conduct qualification calls via phone and/or virtual meetings to understand prospects’ basic functional and technical requirements to determine proper fit and area(s) of interest.
- Set up meetings between prospect decision makers and company’s AEs, executives and/or other relevant personnel.
- Conduct analysis of customer install base and develop strategic and tactical account strategies for cross sell and upsell opportunities.
- Develop and communicate compelling Made4net supply chain value propositions based on ROI and/or cost/benefits analysis.
- Provide stakeholders with appropriate marketing literature.
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing team to drive continuous program execution that will result in additional leads and improve Made4net’s market profile/visibility.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Document and maintain via Salesforce.com (SFDC), accurate account information and all interactions with customers and prospects.
- Follow the latest industry developments and stay up to date on corporate competitors. Possess a strong understanding of our products, our competition in the industry and positioning.
- Assist with other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 2+ years previous business development or sales experience in Business to Business (B2B) environments.
- Proven lead generation or sales quota attainment track record.
- Demonstrable experience in achieving high outbound communication volumes (e.g. 50 calls/25 emails per day).
- Desire to sharpen skills and challenge current processes and approaches.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a sense of initiative and strong motivation
- Experience working in a team sales environment (business development, sales/Account Executives, presales) preferred.
- Undergraduate degree (preferred)
- Experience in Supply Chain Execution, SaaS/software sales, competitive knowledge and value drivers (preferred)
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com (or a similar CRM), LinkedIn and use of other firmographics tools for research preferred.
- Minimal travel (2-4 trade shows, sales meetings per year depending on U.S Travel Restrictions)
Made4net specializes in Warehouse Management Systems and delivers complementary packaged solutions such as YMS, Truck Routing & Driver Proof of Delivery solutions. The platform can be deployed in a private cloud/SaaS or on-premise model that enables companies to optimize the performance of their supply chain. Made4net’s vision is to provide best-of-breed modular solutions that turn supply chain challenges into opportunities for operational excellence with a strong focus on creating value to its customers in terms of lowering operational costs, improving customer service and creating competitive advantages.